This role is based in Nelson
Bays Joinery is a customer focused business, that designs & builds award winning joinery for residential & commercial clients. We service the “Top of the South” region from a factory in Nelson. Due to continued growth, we are seeking another person to join our team!
We are seeking a highly experienced joiner or cabinetmaker with programming / detailing and project management skills who will be responsible for the successful outcome of projects, including house lots of residential furniture, kitchens, wardrobes, and a large variety of commercial work.
You will have deep knowledge of joinery manufacturing, materials, appliances, and hardware. You will be a great communicator, problem solver and team player who can balance the needs of customers with sensible commercial decision making.
In this role you join a team responsible for:
- Site measuring Detailing and CNC programming using the latest software, including Microvellum. Experience in other CAD / CAM systems will be advantageous.
- Purchasing materials and issuing work to subcontractors.
- Designing workflow sequence, cut lists and parts management.
- Liaising with designers, factory, installers, subcontractors, builders, and clients.
- The successful outcome of projects that lead to completion, on time, within budget.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes required include:
- A positive attitude with problem solving abilities.
- logical thinking and strong computer skills.
- At least 5yrs joinery or cabinet making experience and qualifications.
- Ability to follow and improve procedures
- Self-motivated, reliable and well organized.
- Leadership qualities with excellent communication skills.
- Able and willing to adapt to achieve the best result for the business, its customers and the team.
- Ability to perform under pressure and take responsibility
All applicants should have NZ residency or a current long term NZ Work Visa.
If you are aiming to grow, to take on a more challenging and interesting role and are keen to work in a high performing team at a progressive company with great prospects, then please send your C.V and cover letter to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: only applicants who meet the above criteria and make the shortlist will be contacted.